Saturday, May 3, 2008

Garlic Mushrooms

My love affair with mushrooms started just as I began college. My cousin Bipasha and I shared a great love for mushrooms and we discovered many recipes using the button mushrooms that were available in the market.

This is a very easy way of doing mushrooms and it is somethig I often serve when I'm having guests over...

250 gms Button mushrooms, washed thoroughly
garlic, finely minced or sliced
1 cube Maggi seasoning
fresh black pepper
1 tbsp soya sauce
olive oil

Slice the mushrooms, not too thin. Make sure they have been washed really well and all the mud is off. In a pan heat some olive oil and toss in the sliced garlic. Fry for a minute and then add the mushrooms. Once they release water crumble in the flavour cube. Add a good grinding of fresh black pepper. Let it cook covered till the mushrooms are done. Remove lid and dry out the excess liquid. Splash in the soya sauce and coat the mushrooms well.

Remove onto a serving plate and serve.

5 comments:

Arundathi said...

thats a cool idea - i have lots of those maggi flavor packets since i make just the noodles and leave out the flavor - and now i have a good use for the packets!
thanks!

Ansh said...

Love Mushrooms!! I have to try this recipe

Aarti said...

Yummmmmm, i love mushrooms too Rhea.. and this is a recipe i make often, keep mix and matching masalas... :D

lovely blog...

Swati Raman Garg said...

maggie seasoninig... i love this too... great idea...

Sunshinemom said...

Lovely! I have a cube of maggi seasoning left and a bowl of fresh mushrooms just waiting!!